Nairobi Gubernatorial aspirant Mike Mbuvi ‘Sonko’ says he is ready to forgive three men charged with maliciously damaging his house in Upperhill, Nairobi if they apologize.
The police say that two of the accused persons who appeared in court today have already recorded their statements, however they are contradictory hence prayed that the accused persons provide another witness who testify for them.
One of the accused persons who is still in custody was not produced in court today after being taken to the hospital as ordered and therefore the police prayed for a production order.
They told the court that they had been badly beaten up by Sonko’s bodyguards and their personal items taken away from them.
Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi issued the order and directed that the matter be mentioned on Friday 28th for purposes of reconciliation if the police will be able to get in touch with the complainant.
Felix Kioko, Emanuel Baraza and Benjamin Anuago are alleged to have destroyed a house on 22nd July 2017 at Upperhill in Nairobi County which was being renovated to be used by Sonko’s company.
The three are accused of committing the offense jointly with others still at large.
They denied the charges and were released on a bond of Sh 200,000 or a cash bail of Sh 70,000.
The accused are said to have gone to the premises where they were working as casual laborers in the company of about six other.
They started destroying the house upon hearing that they could not be paid their dues that day since Sonko was out of town.
The damage they caused is estimated to be Sh 500,000.